Tuesday 28 February 2012

ELBOWS!


Fad can't get off a chairlift without sticking his elbows out and knocking down the unfortunate person either side of him, this is a fact of life. For his birthday I decided to put this phenomenon on a cake!


I baked a square marble cake, covered it in white icing and then made a chairlift out of sugarpaste and white chocolate Mikado biscuits (they worked amazingly!) I then made Fad, April and myself out of sugarpaste and  positioned on the cake, affixed with edible glue.


The skis are more Mikados (coloured with blue food colour paste) and the ski poles are spaghetti strands coloured black! Very easy.


The face detail was done with my black felt tip food colour pen. I added icing sugar and snowflake sugar decorations to give the surface a bit of texture.


I made Fad out of sugarpaste and then stuck him to a cardboard backing to keep him upright. The elbows were easy to keep in place - I just joined them to the chairlift!


No comments:

Post a Comment