Thursday 1 December 2011

Bon Voyage Tbay!

Tim Baker (Old Bailey clerk extroadinaire) has left freezing cold London and fled to Barbados...sensible! Barbados marks the start of his travels all over the world, and just in case he forgets his route I decided to put it on a cake for him...


The cake was a Victoria Sponge full of icing and jam, covered in blue sugarpaste, with green sugarpaste land (with added glace icing and turquoise glitter to make it fun!) I then made a little airplane, destination markers, and linked them all together using a fantastic black food colour felt tip I got from the Jane Asher shop in South Kensington - probably the best cake decorating aid I've ever had!

To finish off, I put it on a gold cake board, added detail and writing with a purple glitter icing pen and then an obligatory cocktail stick speech bubble....



Bon voyage, Tbay! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment