Thursday 14 July 2011

(T)it's your birthday...

Darren Smith wanted an obscene birthday cake. I refused, but as a compromise agreed to construct him some boobs out of sponge...


I baked a square sponge and then two muffins, which I placed top down on the bottom of the square. Then I used my sharp knife to narrow the top of the square and make it more 'chesty'. I mixed red and yellow food colour to make a fleshy pink, coloured a big handful of roll out icing and covered the whole cake. I then coloured a strip in hot pink which I cut into a bra shape and stuck on with jam. The black polka dot detail is buttercream and was piped on afterwards with an icing bag...



And I stuck a little bow on too, just for fun! The nipples are just sugar paste, cut into circles and textured with the end of a cocktail stick. I finished it off by writing a lovely birthday message to Daz across the chest...nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment